Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Elmer Fudd Hat


Steve and I were walking out of the drug store the other day when we spotted a sale table loaded with all kinds of hats. Both of us instantly were drawn to this hat, a red and black plaid wool. You can imagine who we both thought of when we saw this hat. My Dad. I don't think it's exactly like the ones he used to wear over the years, but it's close. I have a picture that I'm going to find of Grammie (Mabel) Ware with a hat like this on and I think I have one of Gramp wearing the same thing also. Needless to say, Steve was quite pleased with his purchase. He really was so proud to own a hat like Dad's. Well, I think his pride was short lived when he wore his new hat to work one cold morning and everyone called him Elmer Fudd!! I can still see Dad, Gramp and Uncle Jim ready for the first day of deer season with their red and black plaid wool hats. Memories.

1 comments:

Linde said...

That does look like Grandpa. How fun to see that:)