Friday, November 14, 2008

ONCE THERE WAS A SNOWMAN

We woke up to our first snow on Monday morning! And yep, I'm crazy, I know, but I love it when it snows! It's always more fun when the grandkids are around and I just happened to luck out on this snow day. Kason wanted to have a snowball fight so I took him up on his challenge. (telling him that he was "going down") He got a kick out of that. Kyron, Kason and I had the best snowball fight I've had in years. I don't know which one of us was laughing harder.... but I WON and I think that really surprised them! (Don't think they even imagined that Grammie could run and throw a snowball at the same time) I have to admit, I was a little winded by the time the fun was finished.
What a fun morning. After the snowball fight we made a small snowman on the back porch (complete with my BoSox hat) and then we moved on to bigger things! Kooper wasn't too interested in the snowman but he was happy just wandering around the backyard. Kenzi's job was to make the head and she sure came through for us! Thanks for the funnest time kids! You always brighten my day! And don't forget boys...there are many more snowball fights to come!

Kyron, Kenzi, Grammie, Kooper and Kason

Kason and Kyron

Kooper, just chillin'


Kason

Kenzi

Our first whimpy attempt


What a face!


Kyron, Kason and "The Thing"

Kyron and Grammie
We just HAD to see if we could get our arms around this creature.


Stretch!



8 comments:

Chelsee said...

i can't believe it is snowing! I'm cold for you! It's 70 degrees right now! :)

Diane said...

I still love to see the first snow every year.Then about 7 months later I'm happy to see green grass.Right now the greenest grass in Tunbridge is around your cabin.Mike saw a buck beside the road there on his way to work Wednesday morning.Glad you had the grandkids there to enjoy the snow with.Looks like you got the snowman done just in time before all the snow melted.

Linde said...

I love the pictures! I'm so glad they have you to play with. You are the best grammie ever!

Hannah said...

Okay, seeing all that snow makes me want to be there soooooo bad! This time last year we were getting ready to head your way! This year we are on to bigger things! That is a total reference to my large tummy.(pictures for you tomorrow night, I have my first baby shower tomorrow!!) Addie can hardly wait, she is going to be such a great big sister! I miss you all so much! I need to call and just visit with you, I guess. Love you.

Amanda said...

MOM you look SO good! I love all the pictures! I would have loved to see the snowball fight. lol I'm sad that I couldn't have been there.

Home by the Creekside said...

I can't believe how many grandkids you have. I just happened to this blog by chance. I do not know if you remember me. I used to live on the corner of 2nd and Butler eons ago. I remember going to your house when you were in Young Women's and how much I felt the spirit. Thank you.

Jennifer said...

Nice snowman! It looks like they used up every bit of snow in your yard to make it..haha. looks like you guys had fun..

Mandy said...

"That was so funny. I didn't even know that it snowed enough to make those snowmen. And the one was so big!! They proved me wrong.