Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SPRING SNOW

I seriously think I blinked my eyes or something because I woke up one morning to SNOW, SNOW and more SNOW! I thought I'd missed summer and fall 'cause here it was, WINTER AGAIN! What a delight for an amateur photographer! Below are just a few of the 250 shots I took of our May 23rd late snow storm. It was a heavy wet snow, leaving us almost a full day without electricity. Needless to say, no apples in the orchard this year. Our poor little willow tree out on the front lawn looked heavy laden for sure. Regardless, a beautiful snow and providing us with much needed moisture! The pine tree on our front lawn sure was loaded down.

Upon the mountain near Big Lake. In some places nearly 30
inches fell. Near Steve's beam plant we measured around 12".
Here he is... the highlight of my day! A young elk that I was able to
get a picture of. And I was close too! ( I could see his breath)We saw him slowly heading up the mountain. Steve said, "He's behind some trees, you'll never catch him now." I circled around and came down high, he never smelled me or saw me until I took this shot and whistled. Just wish he'd been HUGE instead of the youngster he was. Still, it was one of the most memorable times of my life!

More SNOW!
Surprisingly, no branches were broken on our little willow.
The snow melted almost as fast as it arrived! Now we are ready for
warm weather!!!


5 comments:

Hannah said...

The snow is so beautiful and just peaceful. What a wonderful picture of the elk, I will show that to Wes when he gets home! You always do such a nice job taking pictures! Wish we could have been there for this snow storm! I know it did not last long, but I am sure we could have made the best of it!!

love you all.

Andra said...

That snow was crazy!!! I had taken the blanket off my bed and brought a fan in because it was so warm on Monday!! On Thursday I had to have a fire again!!!

dennis said...

thank you but I think I will stay in florida

Linde said...

Your pictures are so good. I can't believe all this snow in May.

Amanda said...

My my hell that is so much snow. And that picture of the elk is so awesome. I wish I was there to see it!