Tuesday, May 6, 2008

THE PAST TEN DAYS..

It's about time for an update! On April 24th I left Eagar to take a little road trip. (I know, AGAIN???) Eagar is so far from anywhere that roadtrips are necessary in order to keep in some kind of contact with the outside world and FAMILY! I met Jen, Shelbi, Harlee, Dax and Trex in Flagstaff. We all traveled together to Provo, Utah to Tori's graduation from BYU! (YEAH TORI!!) Just as we were leaving Flagstaff, Kenzi decided that she wanted to go. Thus, her first adventure with Grammie, without Mom. She did great and we had a terrific time together. Shelbi, Harlee and Kenzi had so much fun together. It was fun to listen to them chat and giggle. All five kids traveled wonderfully, I couldn't believe it. Anytime Jen needs a getaway she can call me. I'll do a slide show as there are too many cute pictures to post. We are so proud of Tori and know she and Tim have made many sacrifices for this day to arrive. Congratulations Tori!
After Utah then I traveled with Tim to Vegas on the following Monday. Tim is working for Daniel's company (an internship) for the summer and started work on Tuesday. I spent the week in Vegas and was able to attend Kevin's performance in a musical. That was fun for me and Kevin did such a great job! What a great voice he has! While there we celebrated Chelsee's birthday and I totally enjoyed Camdyn. She even recognizes me now so that was a treat for me.
On Friday morning we all left for Flagstaff to attend Kason's baptism. Everyone was able to be there except Kevin and Tori. Kevin still had performances in Vegas and Tori will be teaching in Utah for a few more weeks. What fun we had at Linde and Luke's and all the grandchildren, (nine of them) were in the same place at once! It really was pretty crazy but what fun was enjoyed by all. I enjoy watching the cousins interact and be so happy to see each other. (as you'll see from the slide show) Grampa joined us in Flagstaff on Friday night and then we returned home on Sunday. And Yes...
I AM GLAD TO BE HOME! Many thanks to Steve for his support in my travels to spend time with the children and grandchildren that we both love so much! He feeds the dog and the horses and tried hard NOT to do more laundry than necessary! (this time he did great however) He's happy that the home cooked meals are back and that this big ole house isn't so empty.
Colleen, Kenzi and Amanda

On our way to graduation.. Jen, Amanda,Chelsee

Daniel holding Camdyn and Tim. (Mom behind the camera lense)

Tim and Tori


Tori and Amanda



BYU GRAD, TORI




So glad Kenzi decided to keep me company on the Utah trip!






3 comments:

Amanda said...

A new post! Heck yeah. The picture of you and Kenzi is so cute. It was really fun to see you. Thanks for coming to Kevin's play. He was so excited that you were there. All the pictures are so cute.

Andra said...

Do you get to collect Colleen points for all those trips you take and turn them into some rewards??? Sound like you had fun!!!

dennis said...

Glad to see you back on the blog/ I am trying very hard to keep mime going a least once a week. Hannah stole most of my thunder this week with the Mom thing and Disney. I'm sure if we had a large family like yours, Nancy would be on the road as much as you. My best to you and your family.