Tuesday, March 11, 2008

UPDATE ON PINKY

As of yesterday afteroon, Pinky is out of the burn center (where she ended up after being over radiated) and recouperating at her sister Kathy's in Scottsdale. For those of you who have been wondering, she is making slow progress after the radiation and chemo. It hasn't been the most favorable of experiences. She maintains a positive outlook and is determined to return to the mountain this weekend. Hopefully that all works out for her. She spent nearly a week in a burn center after the radiation took way too much of a toll on her weakened body. She received excellent care there and will very shortly be able to return to her home. If you wondered why I wasn't blogging, my heart just wasn't in it. I know she appreciates your prayers in her behalf and might I add a thank you to those of you who have checked on her and kept in touch with me to make sure I was ok too. Cancer reared its ugly head and the past few weeks have been especially difficult. I am so excited to have her returning home soon and know she will continue healing and gaining strength everyday. I've been quite lost without her happy and jubilant attitude around here so am looking forward to having her home.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear that she's out. And glad your blogging again:)your page looks really cute

Chelsee said...

It's good to have an update. we hope she gets back to the regular pinky.

Diane said...

Glad to hear Pinky is doing better.She sure is lucky to have a friend like you to keep an eye on her.

Hannah said...

I am so glad to hear that Pinky is doing better. Have been thinking about her...glad she is out of the burn unit and can relax somewhere other than the hospital. Give her my love and let her know we are thinking of her! Glad you are blogging again, I sure felt like I was missing something! Love you!

Linde said...

So glad to hear she is doing better. She is so lucky to have you in her life. What would she do without you. Your page looks cute!

Markee said...

I'm so glad she gets to come home!!!