Monday, March 17, 2008

SUGARING DAYS GONE BY

Dad, Jim and Stew with the team.

My brother, Jim.

Dad, Stew and Jim with the team. Me (with the long hair) and Carol


Dad, Jim and Stew

Dad driving the team with Stew following behind.


I wanted to share these old photos that were given to me (as slides) by the MacGregor's when I visited Florida last month. To me they are priceless. I had no idea they even existed until I visited with the MacGregor's. You can't even begin to imagine how moved I was when "Uncle Dick" put them in the slide projector and took me back in time, how many years? Somewhere between 35 and 40 years. Not quite 40 I don't think but close. I hope you all enjoy viewing them as much as I have. What a treat it was to "see" my Dad, Stew and Jim working side by side. (I'm even in some of them) I thought it was only fitting to post this now as Michael and Eric, my nephews, (Jim and Diane's boys) have been anxiously waiting for the sap to run. The sugarhouse surely won't be the same without Dad there, that I know for certain. Somehow, I can only imagine but what he isn't too far away and happy to see that tradition continues. Thanks Mike and Eric for continuing what brings back many precious memories for so many of us. Sure hope you have a good year. Enjoy the pictures.

4 comments:

*Ash said...

Those are awesome pictures! I've always thought that that would be SO much fun! How neat that that's a part of your memories!! Thanks for sharing!

Linde said...

Fun memories! Glad that you shared them.

Andra said...

What fun!!! Love the hair!

Diane said...

I checked with Jim and he says the bigger,darker horse is Queenie and the smaller ,white one is Molly.The kids really enjoyed the pictures.