Friday, September 26, 2008

VERMONT

Home Sweet Home
Going to Vermont is always such a treat for me! It's the one place I never tire of. And yes, after all these years it still feels like HOME, regardless of changes and missing loved ones. I stayed with my Aunt Mary and felt right at home in her new apartment. She always makes me feel so loved and comfortable. I was able to "socialize" this time and enjoyed every minute. I ran into people I hadn't seen in over 40 some years, what fun!. And as always, I loved being with my one and only favorite brother, Jim and his family. I also enjoyed Tunbridge Fair and church service on Sunday. Brought back so many memories. Seems like just yesterday that I was singing in the choir there. I especially enjoyed Terry Diers playing and singing "His Eye is on the Sparrow", a very moving and heartfelt rendition.
I didn't do a very good job of getting these pictures in order but here are some of my favorites. Next year I hope to drag my feet a little harder and stay until the colors change! Looking forward to that!
My brother, Jim.


the pond, beautiful and peaceful as always



Jim and Stew getting in corn



Diane and I took a walk and looked down over North Tunbridge, spotting this Monarch on the way. Reminded me of when all of us kids used to "collect" catapillars and watch them turn into Monarch butterflies. Appropriate I think, as I grew up on Monarch Hill.


Jim and Stew cutting corn.


Cows out to pasture for the day.



A late fawn, (still spotted) I discovered on a ride to Chelsea. Not a bit scared of me.


One of the Tunbridge churches, viewed from the cemetary.










11 comments:

Hannah said...

I just love that place. I am so glad that you had such a great time while you were there! I know Gram loved having you stay with her!

Your next trip I hope will be to Florida this winter!! I know two little babies who would love to see their "Aunt Colleen" then!!

love you all
H

Chelsee said...

Great pictures. I love that place, I wish we were going back this year.

Diane said...

What great pictures.It was so nice to have you here.Jim really misses his big sister.Stew and Jim finished chopping corn this afternoon.The trees have changed a lot in the last few days.It is beautiful looking down toward your honeymoon cottage :).

dennis said...

Very nice, glad we had some time together at the "fair". I will be posting more pictures soon. Diane, I have some good ones of the "Honeymoon Cabin" complete with applicances...Keep watch.

Nancy said...

Very nice indeed. It is always nice to know that there are more of us who will always call that village valley our home... no matter how long we are away... it is hard to take the country out of the girl! Love you.

Andra said...

Those pictures are so pretty. I am so jealous. It looks sooooooooooooo fun.

Linde said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to get back there again!

Anonymous said...

That is where you grew up? You are so LUCKY! That is beautiful. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Amanda said...

I wanna go back so bad. That place has our best memory's. It's so beautiful and green!

Amanda said...

ohhh and I really miss Uncle Jim and his family! You have the best brother

Katlyn Papa said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, that brings back so many memories for me. That was one of the most memorable places that I have been. I almost cried when I saw the picture of the pond! So much fun, and so beautiful. What an amazing place. I want to take my kids there one day!