Friday, December 14, 2007

"Oh, Christmas Tree"





These pictures are for the grandkids getting ready to come to Grammie's house for Christmas. Over the years I've collected quite a few snowman ornaments and as the grandkids get older they love to gaze at all the decorations on the tree. The exception to all the snowmen is a little cornhusk mouse dressed in red. She turns 30 this year! She has been finding her way into the branches since 1977. My Mom sent her the year Nathan was born. She's come to symbolize precious memories of years past. Every year for just a few minutes she takes me away to another time and place. A time, place and people I loved then and now.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Your tree is so beautiful! I love snowmen also. I had to scale back last year because it got out of hand! I love the special mouse ornament that you have. It made me tear up. I too have ornaments from my childhood and from Wes and I that take me back to a wonderful place. Love you all so much! Wish we were there to spend Christmas with you. I guess I just feel like we are more than just a cousin!

Linde said...

I love your tree! The kids are excited about the train!